<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/22176688?origin\x3dhttp://eycxi.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
eycxi@blogspot.com ♥
Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ok, here's how our Temasek Polytechnic library looks like. The most coolest, coldest and quite quietest place that is available in the school. 11 storeys high. Oh, did I mentioned the coldest place? Yup, yup. You need to have a sweater/ cardigan/ jacket if you plan to be in for at least 15 minutes. 'Cause the aircon is super cold. Hehe.

Well, Im only showing till level 8. There's no level 1 but there's basement which all photocopier machines where students can go there if all the photocopier machines are fully used at other levels. As for the lift, there's 2 lifts. But both lifts do not stop at every level. What I can remember is that it does not stop at basement level, level 4 and level 7 (I think. I can't really remember much).

Here's a bit of walk through. Oh yea. I was surfing the TP website and found out that Hady Mirza was one of the alumni. So if Hady wins the Singapore Idol, that means we have an idol from Temasek Poly! Yey!!

Too bad I do not have the front view of the library. But oh well. It's ok .

Here's the map of the 2nd level which is where you can borrow books, reference shelves (still remember that time I've to follow Fiza to photocopy some books in the reference session for her Law studies.) Not only that. There's this spark PC where students can use it for a certain period of time per week. Cool. Usually during school hours it will be pack with students. I'm not sure about that 'cause usually i'll be there or the 3rd level during the holidays.

The self check machine where we have to do it ourselves using our matriculation card. I've used this quite a lot of time especially to borrow books for projects as well as fiction books (like duh, can't expect me to read books related to studies only right?)


Next, we have the 3rd level.

Yea, my favourite part of the library. Why? 'Cause it's much more cosier here. It's because here's where you can find fiction books, magazines, chairs, so-called TV corners and Spark PC again!! hehe.. Here's where I usually hang out during the school holidays. Boring at home, spent time at the library. Lol.


You see here. I will usually be around the pillar which is the centre. Around there. Sometimes behind the pillar so nobody will see what window you're looking at. Haha. A very good place to hide. Lol.


This is somewhere in the centre, between the fiction shelves as well as the magazine shelves. Green armchairs. Kinda cosy. This call the "sound dome". Don't ask me but that's what they call. I've no idea.


Here is the podium. Well, this is sort of small mini theatre in the library. Still at the 3rd level. And there will be some "mini functions" like small competition or something. Located quite near the spark PC(oh well, you can see the lvl 3 map right?)



Next the 4th level.

I can still remember that I was supposed to be here during CMSK (forgot whats the long name). My lecturer asked me and others, which we were splitted into groups to find certain books or video or anything related to the list which she gave us and we had to write down the location and the "serial number". Sort of treasure hunt.


Periodicals are mostly found here together with other books for research which is from Level 4 to Level 8.


Here's the viewing area. Here, you can view the videos which you rent for a few hours. A l

ist of movies from the olds to the present are available here. (Free you know. Worth the money but I didn't since we're busy with projects, projects and projects).

Next the 5th level.


Heres' where we can find mainly IT books. Especially Java, Oracle, HTML, etc. A few times me & my friends we sat down in front of the shelves to browse through the books just to find the information that we want. Also here was

where I did my research with the Leadership classmates. I miss you people.

This display corner, usually near the Quick Research Room and the Information counter. I don't really hang out here often.




Here is Level 6.

Here is where you can find more books for research purposes. Since some of us do not buy textbook, you can find people frantically searching for the books which the lecturers recommend or something. Why? Because textbooks aren't cheap.



Here is Level 7.

Here, we need to get to Level 6, take stairs to level 7. Because lift doesnt stop at 7th floor. Mostly you can find shelves (again for research purposes) and also lots of tables. Here students will always gather around for group studies or project discussion.


Here is Level 8.

Ok, here kinda smaller than the rest of the levels.There's study room (never been there. And the last part of for the research purposes ('cause all are arranged in alphabetical order).

I remember that besides all this, we also went there to use the project rooms which mostly what me & my friends did were to held our organisation meeting. And again, I'm going to mention that the aircon is the best. Why? Even if you're seating outside the library where there's benches, as soon as the library door opens, you can feel the coldness from the library. Cool right?

PS: If i left out certain portion, please forgive me. 'Cause some I forgot. Hehe. All pictures are obtained from TPs' website.